The announcement of two more Bellator Japan bouts was broken on Saturday via Twitter, including well-known promotional star Michael “Venom” Page.
MVP will face former UFC fighter Shinsho Anzai at a catchweight of 173 lbs. Japan’s Anzai recently picked up a win at DEEP Impact 91 against Yoichiro Sato. Including a 2-2 UFC run, Anzai has a professional record of 11-3.
Page recently got a victory at Bellator London over Gianni Melillo, his second win since his first pro loss which came via knockout against Douglas Lima in May.
The matchup will be under unified MMA rules, unlike some other bouts on the card which follow RIZIN’s ruleset.
Also announced for Bellator Japan was Yusaku Nakamura and Makoto Shinryu facing off. The fight will have RIZIN MMA rules, and will be held at 127 lbs.
Nakamura has appeared in RIZIN many times, both as a kickboxer and MMA fighter. He debuted in the promotion at RIZIN 10, losing to Tenshin Nasukawa. After a loss to Manel Kape, Nakamura got his first win in the promotion at RIZIN 16 over Topnoi Tiger Muay Thai.
Shinryu is a frequent fighter in regional Japanese promotion DEEP, currently on a three fight winning streak. His singular loss as a pro comes from Tatsumitsu Wada, a fighter who got promoted to ONE Championship in 2018.
Bellator Japan will take place at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan on December 29th. The event will be broadcasted live on DAZN and the Paramount Network, starting at 10PM EST.
Here’s a full look at the Bellator Japan card as of right now.:
- Fedor Emelianenko (38-6) vs. Rampage Jackson (38-13) (Heavyweight)
- Sidney Outlaw (14-3) vs. Michael Chandler (19-5) (160 lbs Catchweight)
- Lorenz Larkin (21-7) vs. K-Taro Nakamura (35-10-2) (Welterweight)
- Ilara Joanne (9-4) vs. Kana Watanabe (8-0-1) (Flyweight)
- Goiti Yamauchi (24-4) vs. Daron Cruickshank (22-12) (Lightweight)
- Andy Nguyen (6-8) vs. AI (5-1) (Strawweight)
- Ren Hiramoto vs. Takahiro Ashida (Catchweight 150 lbs Kickboxing)
- Ryuichiro Sumimura (14-7) vs. Jon Tuck (10-5) (Lightweight)
- Jarred Brooks (15-2) vs. Haruo Ochio (19-7-2) (Strawweight)
- Hiroto Uesako (16-8) vs. Yusuke Yachi (20-9) (Lightweight)
- Michael Page (16-1) vs. Shinsho Anzai (11-3) (Catchweight 173 lbs)
- Yusaku Nakamura (16-6-1) vs. Makoto Shinryu (9-1-1) (Catchweight 127 lbs)