A 108 lbs bout between Miyuu Yamamoto and AMP The Rocket was confirmed for RIZIN 20 on December 31st, 2019 via Twitter.
The bout was originally reported by Mike Skytte on December 4th, who said the fight was “close to being finalized.”
Yamamoto’s last fight was a loss to Seo Hee Ham via punches in the second round at RIZIN 19. The fight before then was a decision victory over Kanna Asakura at RIZIN 16.
AMP, also known as Suwanan Boonsorn is an up-and-coming fighter from Thailand who has mostly fought in the regional promotion DEEP Jewels. Her RIZIN debut was at RIZIN 18, losing via armbar to Ayaka Hamasaki in a non-championship bout.
A notable win for AMP came in 2018 when she beat now-UFC fighter Loma Lookboonmee via armbar.
RIZIN 20 will take place on New Year’s Eve, with the broadcast starting at 1AM EST on FITE.tv.
Here’s the full card for RIZIN 20 so far:
- Ayaka Hamasaki (19-2) vs. Seo Hee Ham (22-8) (RIZIN Super Atomweight Championship)
- Kai Asakura (14-1) vs. Manel Kape (14-4) (RIZIN Vacant Bantamweight Championship)
- Jiri Prochazka (25-3-1) vs. C.B. Dollaway (17-9) (RIZIN Light Heavyweight Championship)
- RIZIN Lightweight GP Grand Final
- Johnny Case (27-6-1) vs. Tofiq Musaev (16-3) (RIZIN Lightweight GP Semi-Final)
- Patricky Pitbull (22-8) vs. Luiz Gustavo (10-1) (RIZIN Lightweight GP Semi-Final)
- Tenshin Nasukawa (35-0) vs. Rui Ebata (41-2-3) (123 lbs Kickboxing Special Rules)
- Taiju Shiratori (18-5-1) vs. Taiga (21-10-1) (136 lbs Kickboxing)
- Yuki Motoya (23-7) vs. Patrick Mix (12-0) (135 lbs)
- Mikuru Asakura (11-1) vs. John Teixeira (146 lbs)
- Lindsey VanZandt (7-2) vs. RENA (9-3) (112 lbs)
- Vitaly Shemetov (23-10) vs. Simon Biyong (6-1) (205 lbs)
- Jake Heun (14-9) vs. Satoshi Ishii (22-10-1) (231 lbs)
- Shintaro Ishiwatari (26-7-4) vs. Hiromasa Ogikubo (19-4-2) (134 lbs)
- Miyuu Yamamoto (5-4) vs. AMP The Rocket (4-2) (108 lbs)