Three more fights have been added to Bellator’s December 29th event which is co-promoted with RIZIN.
RIZIN’s super atomweight fighter Kanna Asakura return to face Jayme Hinshaw. The American fighter has picked up a 4-3 record fighting in King of the Cage. She will be coming back from a 17-month layoff, last fighting in the summer of 2018. Asakura bounced back from a loss to Miyuu Yamamoto in August, defeating Alesha Zappitella via split decision at RIZIN 18.
The sole kickboxing bout on the card will see former K-1 kickboxer Ren Hiramoto return to face Takahiro Ashida. Hiramoto fought for four years as a pro in K-1, recently being absent from kickboxing for a year. With a background in judo, Ashida has a 23-10-2 record in MMA. He has mostly fought in the regional promotion DEEP Impact, with appearances in other promotions as well.
Also added to the card was a heavyweight matchup between Sergey Shemetov and Shoma Shibisai. Shemetov has never fought in RIZIN or Bellator, but his brother Vitaly Shemetov has. Shibisai made his return to RIZIN at RIZIN 19, defeating Chang Hee Kim in just over a minute.
Here is the full Bellator Japan card as of right now:
- Fedor Emelianenko (38-6) vs. Rampage Jackson (38-13) (Heavyweight)
- Benson Henderson (28-8) vs. Michael Chandler (19-5) (Lightweight)
- Lorenz Larkin (21-7) vs. K-Taro Nakamura (35-10-2) (Welterweight)
- Ilara Joanne (9-4) vs. Kana Watanabe (8-0-1) (Flyweight)
- Goiti Yamauchi (24-4) vs. Daron Cruickshank (22-12) (Lightweight)
- Andy Nguyen (6-8) vs. AI (5-1) (Strawweight)
- Ren Hiramoto vs. Takahiro Ashida (68 kg Kickboxing)
- Ryuichiro Sumimura (14-7) vs. Jon Tuck (10-5) (Lightweight)
- Jarred Brooks (15-2) vs. Haruo Ochio (19-7-2) (Strawweight)
- Hiroto Uesako (16-8) vs. Yusuke Yachi (20-9) (Lightweight)