It was reported on Wednesday by Gene Wang of the Washington Post that ranked UFC bantamweights Cody Stamann and Song Yadong would face off on December 7th. The fight joins seven other bouts scheduled for “UFC on ESPN 6,” which will be live from the Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C., USA.
Song Yadong is riding a seven-fight winning streak, being 4-0 within the UFC. He is currently ranked 13th in the bantamweight division.
While Cody Stamann doesn’t have as flawless as a recent record, he sure comes close to it, holding a 4-1 UFC record, recently defeating Alejandro Perez. Before his loss to Aljamain Sterling in 2018, the “Spartan” had won 10 bouts in a row.
The show is currently headlined by UFC veterans Alistair Overeem and Walt Harris. Overeem previously main evented a card against Alexey Oleinik, getting a finish near the end of the first round. Coincidentally, Walt Harris also beat Oleinik in his last fight, but in a much more sudden 12-second finish.
Here’s the full card for UFC on ESPN 6:
- Alistair Overeem (45-17) vs. Walt Harris (13-7) (Heavyweight)
- Aspen Ladd (8-1) vs. Yana Kunitskaya (12-4) (Bantamweight)
- Claudia Gadelha (17-4) vs. Cynthia Calvillo (8-1) (Strawweight)
- Stefan Struve (29-11) vs. Ben Rothwell (36-12) (Heavyweight)
- Carlos Condit (30-13) vs. Mickey Gall (6-2) (Welterweight)
- Cortney Casey (8-7) vs. Virna Jandiroba (14-1) (Strawweight)
- Bryce Mitchell (11-0) vs. Matt Sayles (8-2) (Featherweight)
- Cody Stamann (18-2) vs. Yadong Song (Bantamweight)