The UFC Uruguay event was thrown for a spin on Monday, with four different fights on the card being changed. In a day’s time, Rachael Ostovich, Laureano Staropoli, Rafael Fiziev and Taila Santos have all been pulled from the card, with replacements found for only some of the bouts.
The news started on Monday morning when the story that Taila Santos was pulled from her bout with Ariane Carnelossi due a wrist injury. A replacement fighter for that bout has yet to be found.
Combate reported the change of two more bout. It was reported that Rafael Fiziev would be replaced by Rodrigo Vargas to face Alex da Silva and that Laureano Staropoli would not face Alexey Kunchenko due to a broken nose.
The other change was that Rachael Ostovich would not face Veronica Macedo, but instead, Polyana Viana would.
UFC Uruguay is set to happen in under two weeks time, with the headlining about a championship bout between Valentina Shevchenko and Liz Carmouche. With 14 fights currently scheduled, here’s the card with all of it’s complete fights:
- Valentina Shevchenko (17-3) vs. Liz Carmouche (13-6) (UFC Flyweight Championship)
- Volkan Oezdemir (15-4) vs. Ilir Latifi (14-6) (Light Heavyweight)
- Vicente Luque (16-6-1) vs. Mike Perry (13-4) (Welterweight)
- Humberto Bandenay (14-6) vs. Luiz Eduardo Garagorri (12-0) (Featherweight)
- Oskar Piechota (11-1-1) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (5-0) (Middleweight)
- Cyril Gane (3-0) vs. Raphael Pessoa (9-0) (Heavyweight)
- Enrique Barzola (15-4-1) vs. Bobby Moffett (14-4) (Featherweight)
- Tecia Torres (10-4) vs. Marina Rodriguez (11-0-1) (Strawweight)
- Raulian Paiva (18-2) vs. Rogerio Bontorin (15-1) (Flyweight)
- Alex da Silva (20-2) vs. Rodrigo Vargas (11-2) (Lightweight)
- Polyana Viana (10-3) vs. Veronica Macedo (5-3-1) (Flyweight)
- Geraldo de Freitas (12-4) vs. Chris Gutierrez (13-3-1) (Bantamweight)