The late August Fight Night card set to take place in Shenzen, China, had it’s 11th bout added on Monday. Confirmed by the fighters and promotion, it was announced that Movsar Evloev and Mike Grundy would compete in a Featherweight bout.
Both fighters will only be having their second bout within the UFC. Mike Grundy holds a 12-1 MMA record at the age of 32. His first UFC fight was a round two stoppage victory over Nad Narimani. Movsar Evloev is still undefeated with a record of 11-0, defeating Seung Woo Choi in his respective promotional debut. Before then he had an extensive run in Russian MMA promotion M-1.
In a rare case for a Fight Night card, a championship is in the headlining bout. In a UFC Strawweight Championship bout, Jessica Andrade will attempt to defend her newly won bout against China’s own Weili Zhang. Andrade won the belt from Rose Namajunas back in May in her home country of Brazil. She will walk a mile in “Thug Rose’s” shoes when she goes into the home territory of Zhang.
The card features four other Chinese fighters among the 11 scheduled bouts. Here’s the complete card as of right now:
- Jessica Andrade (20-6) vs. Weili Zhang (19-1) (UFC Strawweight Championship)
- Elizeu Zaleski (21-5) vs. Jingliang Li (16-5) (Welterweight)
- Yanan Wu (10-2) vs. Luana Carolina (6-1) (Flyweight)
- Saparbeg Safarov (9-2) vs. Da Un Jung (11-2) (Light Heavyweight)
- Anthony Hernandez (6-1) vs. Jun Yong Park (10-3) (Middleweight)
- Mark De La Rosa (11-2) vs. Kai Kara-France (19-7) (Flyweight)
- Karol Rosa (11-3) vs. Lara Procopio (6-0) (Bantamweight)
- Movsar Evloev (11-0) vs. Mike Grundy (12-1) (Featherweight)
- Andre Soukhamthath (13-7) vs. Su Mudaerji (11-4) (Bantamweight)
- Damir Ismagulov (18-1) vs. Thiago Moises (12-3) (Lightweight)
- Kenan Song (14-5) vs. Derrick Krantz (24-11) (Welterweight)